The Nation Wired

Snow Globe Cookies

Chancey Flores

This recipe is originally called “Aquarium Cookies” but I changed it up in order to fit the season. In this chapter, I will be making “Snow Globe Cookies.” It’s a super cute, fun and easy recipe that I hope you will follow for your own Christmas celebrations.

The ingredients you need for this simple recipe include, softened unsalted butter (4 oz.), sugar (½ cup), one egg, flour (2 cups), vanilla extract (1 tablespoon), crushed Jolly Rancher hard candies (20) and, melted white chocolate (¼ cup). This will make a total of eight cookies.

In one bowl, mix together your butter and sugar until it is smooth. After smoothed, add your single egg and vanilla extract and stir until well combined. Then, sift the flour and fold until it is mixed thoroughly. Cover the dough in plastic wrap and let chill in the fridge for approximately thirty minutes.

Once you’ve taken your dough out of the fridge, sprinkle flour and roll out the dough to approximately ¼ inch to ⅛ inch thickness. Cut out circles with a 3-inch cutter, then cut out the center of the circle using a 2-inch round cookie cutter. You won’t need the center pieces.

Place the cookies on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper and bake for ten minutes. Once you’ve taken the cookies out of the oven, place crushed Jolly Ranchers in the center using whichever color you want. Then bake until the hard candies are melted and evenly spread out, which is about 3-5 minutes.

Let your cookies cool while you melt the white chocolate for about 15 seconds. Place holiday themed sprinkles inside the cookies and use the white chocolate to stick two of them together. Then let your cookies sit in the fridge for 15-20 minutes until the white chocolate is hardened.

Your cookies are now ready. Enjoy! 🙂