The Nation Wired

Lady Rebs varsity volleyball playoff push

Aidan Martinez, Sports editor

With a 24-17 record 10-4 in district 25 6a play, the Rebel varsity volleyball team is looking to make a strong push into the playoffs. With six games left in the season the Rebel volleyball team is looking to solidify a third seed spot for the 2018 State Volleyball Playoffs. As the season has progressed the team has seen a lot of growth.

Senior Sierra Dittmar has done her best to lead the team off the court as she was sidelined with an ACL injury at the beginning of the season. “I’ve seen us play some of our best games and I have seen us play down to our opponents,” Dittmar said.

Varsity Lady Rebs are introduced before the Austin High game Friday.

After a tough loss to district opponent Bowie High School volleyball followed by a loss to 2nd place team the Westlake Chaparrals the Lady Rebs took off winning nine out of their last ten matches including a 3-0 sweep of the Lake Travis Cavaliers who are first place in district 25-6a. “Whether they’re a great team or not at our highest levels we remind each other to respect our opponents as we encourage one another,” said Dittmar.

After coming off of their Tuesday night win, the Hays high school varsity volleyball team looks to add on to an already impressive resume.

“Our hopes are very high and we hope to make it past the first round at least and we’ll see what happens from there,” senior Jamie Agnew said.

The varsity Lady Rebs beat Austin HS this Friday Hays in three sets (25-23, 25-22, 25-10). Sophomore Maddie Krafka led the team with 10 kills for the match.

As the regular season begins to wind down the Hays high school varsity volleyball team is looking to finish strong as they come out of a tough district season.

“We’ve been through a lot this year from injuries to tragic events but we’ve all stuck together as one big family and look to make a difference,” Dittmar said.

About the Writer
Aidan Martinez, Sports editor

Aidan Martinez is a senior and this is his first year on staff. Aidan is most excited about writing sports articles. Aidan wants to learn more more about specific rules that are used in writing. Aidan loves all sports and wants to express his passion in his writing. His favorite food are chicken fajita tacos and cheese cake. Aidan loves listening to Kendrick Lamar. On his free time Aidan plays baseball. He is a three year letter varsity baseball player and revolves his workouts around baseball. Aidan also enjoys watching sports and does his best to study each sport to make his mark in sports broadcasting.  

1 Comment

One Response to “Lady Rebs varsity volleyball playoff push”

1. Ryan on October 17th, 2018 10:09 am

This is a very well written story and its something I didn’t know about the volleyball team.

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

• Lady Rebs varsity volleyball playoff push

Opinion

Starbucks vs Summer Moon: CHRISTMAS EDITION

Sports

State bound: Parra heads to Round Rock

News

Student Voting Day

Features

Halloween Breakfast Smoothie

Multimedia

Homecoming Spirit Week

Sports

Ceder Park XC meet

Photo of the Day

Photo Of The Day

Sports

Cross Country St. Andrews Invitational

Sports

Fall League Basketball

Features

The Halal Gurus

The Student News Site of Hays High School