The Nation Wired

The Fortnite Plague

Victoria Zapata

As some may have heard by now, many teens are addicted to the crazy game known as Fortnite. Both boys and girls have stayed up till 4 in the morning, some even pulling all-nighters because they can’t get enough of the game.

The general concept of Fortnite involves collecting resources, building forts for protection, protecting survivors and engaging in battle all while trying to avoid the huge storm that can slowly kill you if you’re in it’s path.

Freshman Cameron Doyle says he constantly plays Fortnite because he “likes winning, and playing with friends.” Cameron plays Fortnite on the weekends at an average of about 11 hours a day and sleeps from 3 to 6 hours when he’s not sucked into the screen.

On the other hand, Freshman Houston Murphy claims “Fortnite ruins relationships.” He doesn’t play video games in general so he has nothing nice to say about Fortnite.

Fortnite seems to be just as addictive as caffeine; When you take the time to play once, you suddenly have time to play all day and everyday. Lets see how long this craze is going to last.

Freshman Sean McSorley is one of the many teenagers addicted to Fortnite.

About the Writer
Victoria Zapata, Writer, Photographer

Victoria Zapata is a junior, and this is her second year in Hays Media. She is most looking forward to being ready for what is to come, since she already...

1 Comment

One Response to “The Fortnite Plague”

1. Justin McMahon on September 4th, 2018 3:26 pm

Great Article keep up the work!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

The Student News Site of Hays High School
The Fortnite Plague